Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Final Prints

Stranger



I love this picture of the little boy because it was captured right in the moment. Nothing about it is posed or staged, all of the emotion is real. I was not even trying to get a picture of this boy, but as I was walking by, the subway slowed and I was able to capture the shot. After getting on the train, I saw the little boy had a hearing aid on and he was actually deaf, signing to his father. This made the picture even more special to me, because even though he was a stranger, I knew more about him than other people looking at this picture. I really like the effect of the window in the picture. The dirtiness of it, represents pieces of New York in a way. Also, the refection in the back kind of tells an unknown story, like who are those people in the background, like the theme of the photo "stranger."

This picture of strangers is completely different from the first. I never even saw the faces of the subjects. I love the way the girls are dressed up to mimic their mother. My favorite part of this picture is the background behind it. The fact that the Fashion Week sign in the back is captured with the picture makes it look like it could be a fashion ad for the event. Another detail I noticed that I think is very ironic is the sign on the taxi cab. It is advertising for an after hours gentleman's club.


Repetition


I had many angles for this shot and it was very hard picking one that I really liked. I like the unexpected angle and the fact that this is an everyday act that is now in a different perspective on an everyday task. When I printed this, I made this photo the largest print, which I think really worked. The light and dark


Background/location

No comments:

Post a Comment