Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog Assignment 6

Blog Prompt 19
Can you think of anything that:

1) should not be photographed? Why?
I think something that is very hard to take pictures of are homeless people. When I was in New York there were many homeless people and my friend brought up a good point. Some people may want to take pictures to raise awareness, but many end up selling them, making money, and where does that money go? Not to the homeless.

2) cannot be photographed? Why?
I think anything can be photographed. Photography can capture anything you can see with your eyes. With the right equipment, lighting, or camera anything can be captured.


3) you do not want to photograph? Why?
Things I don't like to photograph are feet. I love shoes but I hate feet. It makes me really uncomfortable looking at them, much less photographing them.


Blog Prompt 20 Describe at least one photograph that you could take for each of the following “place” prompts.

* An image of a synthetic “place” such as Disney World, Las Vegas, a Hollywood set, a diorama, etc.
- The Michigan State Football stadium, it's something almost everyone is familiar with, whether they have experienced it first hand, or seen images.

* An image of a fantasy/fictitious environment concocted from your imagination.
- At 21st Century, the comic book, virtual reality store, they have big virtual pods you can play in, I think there could be some great photos taken there

* An image of a placeless space such as the Internet, cell phones, e-mail, e-bank, surveillance, etc.
- A videogame, tetris, pacman, halo

* An image of a public space.
- NEW YORK CITY!!

* An image of a private space.
- My closet
* An in-between space that brings to mind one of the following ideas: nomadic lifestyles, displacement, rootlessness, out-of-placeness, boundaries, movement, expansion, etc.
- My locker at the Urban Planning Building, there is so much fabric, paper, pencils, pins, books, everything in there, representing the chaoticness of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment