Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Final Pictures Assignment 5

In this photo I was trying to use makeup to create a non-human effect.  I used a combination of makeup and photoshoped scales  to create the mermaid like look of the photo.  I got rid of the eyebrows changed a bit of the bone structure and lightened the colors.  I think the fact that she is not looking straight at the camera also makes this more surreal.  I would like to have seen a whiter background.
This is one of the few pictures I've taken lately that I really prefer in black and white.  I think the lack of color adds to the subject of the picture.  With her age, the pose, the setting, and what she's wearing, to me, the black and white adds a regalness to the photo.  This was taken at a higher ISO, of 800, which I was afraid would add a lot of noise to the image, but fortunately, it did not.  I think there is a nice contrast to this with the natural lighting, there was not much I had to do in photoshop.  The setting of this was at my cousin's wedding shower, themed Breakfast at Tiffany's.  I thought it would provide me with a opportunity to shoot flimstills for this assignment, which is why I had my grandma posing in this way.  I also like that she is looking at the camera, I think it gives it a sort of haughty old movie star-glamour effect. 

In this photo, I was trying to mimic a watering hole of the savannah.  I really like the point of view of this because it allows one to see the flatness of the origami animals, yet it adds depth and dimension because of the shadows and the way they are situated.  I photoshoped in the crocodile to add a little comic releif to the picture to also add to the fact the animals are indeed made of paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment