Monday, March 28, 2011

Final Assignment 4


I tried colors in this picture numerous ways. Black and white, sepia, color, I finally decided to keep it color. I really like the bright reds contrasting with the more monotone greys. I also believe this presents a story, the chili necklace he is holding is part of the Chili cookoff festival this was shot at. I think its a very playful shot I could picture being in a community newsletter, which is why I chose the prompt, photojournalism.
I like the composition of the cropping, for example, the bottom wagon wheel, it gives the illusion of pulling off the children off the picture.


I really love this picture because of the story behind it. Everyone I was with kept making fun of me for taking pictures of such "pointless" objects, but after seeing this one, it ended up being everyone's favorite. I took this with a flash, which really changed some of colors in it. I love the contrasting colors with the cool greens and warm reds and oranges. It almost looks like a fire is burning behind the hydrant, which I think is fitting symbolism.



I love this image because I feel that it could be high fashion. I also like it much more in black and white than I do in color. It is much more cohesive, originally, the glasses had a green tint to them, which took away from the reflection I was trying to capture. The natural sunlight in the top corner of the picture really makes the picture and allowed me to have that feeling of deep contrast. It was a natural overexposure that I think worked really well. I wish I could have captured more of the mountains in the reflection of the glasses, but I think it still conveys that the picture was taken in a foreign place. The hardest part about this was capturing that light in the corner without washing out her face, and getting the reflection in the glasses without capturing my refection in them. The other part I think works well are the contrasting textures. The actual texture of the smooth glasses, with the rough terrain in the lenses, combined with the smoothness of her hair, and the scaly headband.



This picture is one of my favorites because I was able to capture it in the moment. This little boy carrying a huge suitcase in the airport, really focused on what he was doing, while everyone else around him is blurred and in a hurry. I think it really captured exactly what was happening in that moment and the mood I wanted viewers to feel when looking at it. I used a slower shutter speed and focused in on him, using a table as my make-shift tripod. It was such a coincidence that his sweatshirt almost exactly matched the chairs around him and I really like the boldness of the orange. I tried photoshoping out that juice container and was not able to do it neatly, so I tried blurring it a little more instead so it would not be as distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment