Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog Prompt 23

1.I construct my identity everyday by the clothes and accessories I chose. From crazy snake headbands, to leather jackets, to studded boots, I look at my clothing as costume for how I want to be perceived that day or how I want people to view me. This is also a type of performance. And depending on what you are wearing, you can act differently. If I am dressed nicer, I act more confident than I would if I were wearing sweats.

2. I think social environments are constructed everyday based on technology and social networking. The computer and photoshop make it very easy to construct a totally different person based on pictures and personality. People can be whoever they want to be on the internet. Even celebrities, being such a big part of our culture, construct their reality everyday, and we are constantly surrounded by that, in blogs, on TV, and in magazines.

3. Physical environment is constructed just based on where you are at, it's interior design. If you are in a video game arcade, there are lights, flashing, and nose. If you are in a library, it is constructed to be duller colors, quite, books. It can also be constructed based on region, if you think in terms of houses. The West has tiles on roofing and are usually made of stucco, where as the midwest is usually all brick houses.

4. I do not think there is really a straight answer to what is "real" and what is "constructed." I guess real would be, in that particular moment, like photography, catching something that is candid, like when people don't know someone is watching, I think that is the only way to capture something real. Once someone knows people are watching, it is impossible to know if they are "constructing" something because they are being watched, or if it is genuine emotion.

5. I would really like to do a futuristic/space fashion shoot. I would like to do it somewhere with lots of neon and lights and have girls dressed up very Jetson-ish futuristic, with neon makeup and slicked back hair. I would like the men to be dressed up with gas-masks or space men and have the girls look more alien-ish. Almost like having Amazon-women in space.

6. I think that it would be very interesting to do a shot with soldiers in the desert, surrounded with G.I Joes and toy tanks. It would give the impression that this war should not be happening and they are real people fighting, not just toy soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment