Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Final Pictures



*The background elements are really important to this image because it gives almost a background story to the picture. It also adds detail to picture, providing the viewer with more visual information.
*I cropped out certain elements that weren't as important such as sewing machines and windows, which added an unnecessary brightness to the photo.
*I took this image because the topic of what we were talking about, in conjunction with the action in the photo was very ironic. It almost reminds me of women around the time of WWII, Rosie the Riveter style, sewing for the war.
*As mentioned in my motivation for the picture, I believe the context behind it shows modern day females, even a representation of feminism.
*Finally, this picture represents the mixing of the old and the new, the headphones, laptop and speakers, along with the yarn, needles, and the actual concept of knitting, show a modern spin on an old art form.




*I chose to use this perspective because at this angle, it almost makes the bras look abstract.
*This also effected the cropping because I obviously would not want a coke machine in the back of the table, it would take away from the photograph.
*Finally, I chose to keep the lighting fairly monotone in grayscale to coincide with the context behind the picture, everyday life.
*
*This picture represents repetition, coupled with the of everyday chores, like doing laundry.



*Contrast- I chose to show contrast between textures, with the smooth bottle and candle and book, and the bumpy skulls
*Lighting- I also chose to show high dramatic contrast lights and darks
*Clarity/blurring- I tried to focus on the detail in the front and the blurring in the back
*I was motivated to take pictures of this because I really wanted to evoke the viewers emotion, hopefully in a dramatic sense, or maybe even an uneasiness with the skulls, wine, and eerie lighting.
*The concept behind this photograph is to show the darker side of fashion. Not everything is beautiful and glamorous. The designer on the book portrayed, Alexander Mcqueen, my favorite designer, committed suicide last year, a blow to the fashion industry. I tried to capture a bit of foreboding while still keeping the element of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment